Winshuttle Open Forum

Expand all | Collapse all

Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

• 1.  Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 21 days ago
    ​Hello, I am working on a script to create sales orders in VA01....I need the script to select specific responses to pop-up messages when present & skip if not present, to eventually allow sales order creation or cancel sales order creation if the PO is identified as being used for a prior sales order (this is a pop-up message after SAVE is selected).

The main issue I experience is that the same pop-up messages do not appear during every attempted order creation and I am not sure if this causes the script (or SAP) to behave differently when this occurs.  More specifically, when the pop-up message does not occur to "Re-determine shipping conditions", the script runs as expected until the last line item is added.  At this point I would expect the script to SAVE the sales order but the cursor just goes to the next blank line and nothing happens (in DEBUG).  When I RUN the script I receive the error message "Please enter a ship-to or sold-to party" and the sales order is NOT saved.

When this same script is ran and the "Re-determine shipping conditions" pop-up occurs, the script runs as expected and either creates the sales order or cancels order creation if the PO has been used on a previous sales order.

Any assistance in resolving this nagging issue would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Matthew Dunn |
    Supply Chain Analyst
    Coca-Cola Bottling Company United (CCBCU)

• 2.  RE: Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Mathew,

I too experience this kind of issues.  This is what I did as work around.

Steps:

1.       Create two different scripts.  One without pop-up another one with pop-up.

2.       Run the excel data sheet with first script.  All the data will be successful where no pop-up occur.  Other data rows will error out.

3.       Run same excel file with second script with option Run on Errors

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Madhu

• 3.  RE: Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 20 days ago
    Thank you for your response.  ​I currently have a similar work around but would eventually like to figure this out to eliminate having to employ workarounds.  The time savings on this would be substantial for me.

Matthew Dunn | Supply Chain Analyst

• 4.  RE: Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 20 days ago
    ​Mapping cont.

• 5.  RE: Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 19 days ago
    If pop-up happening  based SAP field data, then make use of  option in IF condition "IF on SAP field".  If both with and without .txr files are available, then it will help to check any other options.

Madhu Komaravolu | SAP Solution Architect
    Navajo Tribal Utility Authority | [City] | 9287296163

• 6.  RE: Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi Matthew,

I believe you're trying to use "Skip if not present" feature within loop, this feature does not work with loop and it's not a bug , it's a loop which either understand whether to skip or whether not to skip, it cannot do both, and usually it goes with whatever 1st row tells it to do.
    So alternative solution is to try If condition outside script and make your own indicator in some un-used column in excel, but this you can only make when you know when it will skip and when it won't.
    I was able to make this condition by sitting with business to understand the pop-up why it appears sometimes and not other times.
    I also liked  Madhu's solution , good workaround for quick fix.

You may already know that when you don't get good solutions from anywhere else , reach out to Winshuttle tech support. They always have the most updated and best tips/tricks/solutions/ideas for all sorts of issues.

Thanks

Kalind Sidana | Consultant
    Tapestry, Inc. | New Jersey

• 7.  RE: Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 12 days ago
    ​After a lengthy discussion with a few other developers and a Winshuttle trainer I believe we have found the solution.

The "re-determine" pop up message occurs after the 1st line item isadded to the order, and we originally had the 1st line item included in the loop.  All line items were contained within the loop and I was asking Winshuttle to SKIP a screen while executing the loop, Winshuttle did not like that.

Our solution is that we removed the 1st line item from the loop by adding it to the header screen, then adding the loop for line items 2 and beyond.  This allows for the 1st line item to be added when the header data is entered, then if the conditions are met to trigger the pop up the correct selection is applied and if the pop up does not occur then the screen is skipped.  Then the subsequent line items are added via the loop and all subsequent commands performed if conditions are met.

This solution will require some slight changes to some data templates that contain VLOOKUPS that determine data placement, but so far I have tested about 200 sales orders and all functionality appears to be working as expected.

Thank you for your feedback and pointers, this is a great resource!!

• 8.  RE: Pop-up messages in VA01 - need to prevent possible duplicate orders

Posted 7 days ago
    ​Hi All,
    Just as a quick tip, you can use a skip indicator within a loop. I have done it in a pricing script.  You have to have a download field for it to play off of.

Skip within Loop

Vanessa Kutasi | Application Analyst II
    IDEXX