COMMUNITY RULES & ETIQUETTE AND PRIVACY GUIDELINES
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. CONTINUED USE OF THE COMMUNITY INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES AND GUIDELINES. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to defamation, antitrust and other laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. We reserve the right to remove any content that we believe or have reason to believe may belong to a third party who has not given permission.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Partners & Partner Employees
The Partner Connection is a sub community within the broader Winshuttle customer community designed to give customers access to expertise and services that partners provide. In addition to adhering to all community rules and guidelines, Winshuttle partners agree to the additional rules and guidelines:
- The Partner Connection is a place for partners to introduce themselves, post assets and interact with customers who join.
- All other parts of the community are intended as a place of learning for customers in a sales free environment. Therefore, promoting partners products or services is expressly forbidden in the customer community.
- Partners can “direct message” users only in the Partner Connection who have opted into the Partner Connection. Partners postings may be subject to approval before being posted.
The Legal Stuff
We reserve the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Your use of the Website following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as changed. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions of Use whenever you use the Website.
This site is provided as a service for the members of WINSHUTTLE. WINSHUTTLE is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by WINSHUTTLE or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall WINSHUTTLE be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
All contributions to this site are licensed by you to anyone who wishes to use them for any purpose, including to WINSHUTTLE.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. You may not upload or transmit any material that infringes or misappropriates any person’s copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret, or disclose via the site any information the disclosure of which would constitute a violation of any confidentiality obligations you may have. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns all rights with respect to such material or has received permission from the owner. In addition, the posting party grants WINSHUTTLE and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
You are expressly prohibited from distributing Users’ personal information to third parties for marketing purposes, and from compiling and using other Users’ personal information (including without limitation addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses or other contact information) that may appear on the site, for the purpose of creating or compiling marketing and/or mailing lists and from sending other Users unsolicited marketing materials, by any means. Unauthorized use of Users’ personal information in connection with unsolicited marketing correspondence may constitute violations of various state and federal anti-spam statutes. WINSHUTTLE reserves the right to report the abuse of Users’ personal information to the appropriate law enforcement and government authorities, and WINSHUTTLE will fully cooperate with any authorities investigating violations of these laws.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
WINSHUTTLE does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of WINSHUTTLE we will take all appropriate action.
WINSHUTTLE reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
In the event you believe that material or content published on the Website may infringe on your copyright or that of another, please contact us.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
The site is hosted in the United States. WINSHUTTLE makes no claim that the content on the site is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms. A party may give notice to the other party only in writing at that party's principal place of business, attention of that party's principal legal officer, or at such other address or by such other method as the party shall specify in writing. Notice shall be deemed given upon personal delivery or facsimile, or, if sent by certified mail with postage prepaid, 5 business days after the date of mailing, or, if sent by international overnight courier with postage prepaid, 7 business days after the date of mailing. If any provision herein is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force without being affected in any way. Further, the parties agree to replace such unenforceable provision with an enforceable provision that most closely approximates the intent and economic effect of the unenforceable provision. Section headings are for reference purposes only and do not define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. The failure of the Operators to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit the Operators' rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. Any action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or User's use of the Website must be brought in the courts of Belgium, and you consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. These Terms set forth the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and supersedes any and all oral or written agreements or understandings between the parties, as to their subject matter. The waiver of a breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.